Sunday, June 5, 2016

Color Me Positive, Week 19

I'm only a few weeks behind on both Color Me Positive and Embrace Your Art art journal challenges. I'm afraid that lag will only increase. Why? 

I have started an intense degree program in graphic arts at Full Sail University. I am sooo excited. I hope this new adventure leads to some great and interesting work so I can further help support my family.

And who knows, perhaps this blog will go from  mixed media tutorials to awesome graphic printables  and my own store. I'd love it if you all wished me good luck.


Anyway, the Color Me Positives challenge for week 19 was to use a feather. Here is my page:


I started by painting my page a light blue color:



I painted square and rectangle shapes with a darker shade of blue making a sort of puzzle with the shapes:



I loosely outlined the shapes with a brown alcohol marker:




And then I loosely made a line in white between the shapes using a chalk marker:



I had my cricut cut a feather shape and painted it brown:



I glued on my quote:



I outlined my words with gold glue gun glue:



I attached a dark gold metal corner piece to my page. To keep my color balance, I added black glitter glue to my gold outline to darken it a little:



I also ended up adding a few streaks of the glittered gold glue to my feather and then I was done:


Products used:

1 comment: